Many people are more active as the weather gets nicer, and so your appetite increases. If you don’t have wholesome snacks on hand, it can be too tempting to grab something quick and processed. Keep a few of these ready, and you don’t have to worry about blowing your healthy eating this summer, just because you are starving and want food NOW!
1) Lettuce leaves or celery sticks spread with almond butter
2) Date (pitted), stuffed with a couple of almonds or walnuts
3) Carrot and broccoli sticks dipped in hummus
4) Chia seed, hemp seed and buckwheat groats (1 TBSP each) mixed with coconut milk – allow to sit for a few minutes to let chia expand and thicken. Mix and enjoy! Try with fresh berries or banana – yum!
5) Plain organic yogurt mixed with berries and hemp seeds or freshly ground flax seeds
6) Rye crisp crackers with sardines or salmon and fresh sprouts
All of these options will give you a nice mix of protein, carbohydrate and fat to keep you going during active spring and summer days! Just remember to drink your water too!