Saturday, July 10, 2010

Raw Smoothie “Ice Cream”

You know how much I like smoothies! I made one for my son the other day that was so thick and creamy it was more like ice cream, so I had to share the recipe.

2 ripe bananas – peel and freeze overnight
1 cup frozen mango chunks (or blueberries)
1/2 to 3/4 cup almond milk
2 teaspoons green powder (optional – you know I have to get the greens in somehow!)

Place all in blender and blend on low or medium, adding just enough milk to get it blending. Be patient, as it might take a couple of minutes to blend into a nice consistency. This is when a more powerful blender helps. This is a dish best served immediately, but if you store it in the freezer just let it sit for about 10 minutes and then give it a stir before enjoying. Just a note, if you use green powder, the color of the ice cream will be interesting, but it still tastes yummy!
Perfect on a hot summer afternoon.
Enjoy!

No comments: