Wednesday, May 28, 2008

How to Love Exercise

I just finished my favorite workout DVD, the New York City Ballet Workout. I had borrowed this workout video from a friend years ago, and just loved it, but had to return it. With every intention of purchasing it for myself, I got a little side tracked - for about 5 years! I finally asked for it this past Christmas, and my sister bought it for me!

With every intention of doing it, the DVD sat unopened since Christmas, until I finally took the 20 seconds it takes to load it up in the DVD player! I had such a great time - the music is wonderful, and it is a total body workout. I can't believe it took me so long.

So why am I telling you this? Because, although I have done many other videos and forms of exercise over the past few years, I really loved this particular one, and deprived myself of the joy it brought me during exercise.

We all know how important exercise is for overall health, and yet it is still such a struggle to fit in for many of us. So please, if you find that one thing you love about exercise - be it a video, particular class or activity, or a special someone you love to workout with, then don't deprive yourself of that experience. Make time for it, and take the 20 seconds it takes to get started on it.

I have now made Wednesday mornings my official "ballet workout appointment" - yeah for nice toned legs this summer!

No comments: